The TOD-UC district is appropriate for parcels near high-intensity rapid transit stations and streetcar stops. Of the four TOD zoning districts, TOD-UC will permit the greatest building heights, demand the uppermost level of site and architectural design, and require the most urban form of streetscape and public realm.
- Applies to properties closest to transit stations.
- Highest density and most intense uses envisioned.
- New development should be multi-storied, with street frontages activated by commercial, residential, or institutional uses.
- Buildings up to 130 feet permitted by-right, with taller buildings up to 300 feet allowed through height bonus.
The TOD-NC district is intended for use in existing or future transit station areas and near streetcar stops as a transition from a higher intensity TOD-UC district to adjacent existing neighborhoods, or where the rehabilitation and reuse of existing structures is important to preserving the character of established neighborhoods.
- Preferred where less intensity is more appropriate, such as adjacent to single-family neighborhoods.
- New development in the TOD-NC district should be multi-storied, with street frontages activated by commercial, residential, or institutional uses.
- Midrise buildings up to 75 feet are permitted by-right.
- Taller buildings up to 100 feet allowed through a height bonus.