The UDO Team is working to fast track new Transit Oriented Development Districts in response to public input, the Planning Commission TOD Priorities work, and as an implementation step in the South End Vision Plan. The TOD Districts Team is currently working to draft language with the consultant. The first draft of TOD-A (the most intense of the TOD districts) was released in late March 2018. For more information regarding the process please see the presentations below.
- December 7, 2017 – Overview of TOD Approach & Schedule
- February 22, 2018 – Overview of TOD-A & Next Steps (ex. first new TOD district)
- March 28, 2018 – Discussion of TOD-A Comments and New Draft Release Information
Drafts of TOD districts will be posted below as they’re released.Questions/comments on TOD-A? Click here.
- Outline + Background
This 2-page document introduces TOD-A and explains how it fits
into the larger Unified Development Ordinance (UDO).
- TOD-A Draft
The draft above includes releases from both February 22 and March 28 to the Ordinance Advisory Committee.
- Purpose | Applicability
e.g. What’s the purpose of TOD-A? Where does it apply?
- Uses + Prescribed Conditions + Definitions
e.g. Can I put a micro-brewery and other uses in TOD-A? Are there some uses needing Prescribed Conditions? What’s the definition of a Townhouse?
- Dimensional Standards (incl. Building Height Bonus)
e.g. What’s the minimum building height? What are some Building Height Bonus options?
- Design Standards
e.g. What are some design standards for ground floors?
- Open Space + Connectivity
- Parking Standards
e.g. How many parking spaces do I need for a restaurant?
- Accessory Structures
- Process: Special Use Permit + TOD-X
e.g. When do I need a Special Use Permit?
If you would like to view the comments regarding TOD-A as of March 26, 2018 please click here COMMENTS.