Below are a list of key milestones scheduled for 2018:
- January – July: Development and public engagement of Place Type Policies and updated Transit Oriented Development (TOD) zoning districts
- March: Place Types & Unified Development Ordinance Public Summit and Workshop (March 24th)
- July: Draft Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Districts to initiate review and adoption process
- August: Draft Place Type Land Use Policies, Public review meeting
- August – December: Public comment, Planning Commission review and recommendation, and Council review of Place Type Policy Document and TOD Zoning Districts
- December: Council Action: adoption of new Transit Oriented Development (TOD) zoning districts
The expected outcomes of the 2018 milestones are:
- Draft Place Type Land Use Policies: This policy document will provide development guidance and a foundation for the update of zoning districts as part of the Unified Development Ordinance.
- Adopted Transit Oriented Development (TOD) zoning districts: This work will serve as a detailed example of the intent, scope and format of the overall Unified Development Ordinance approach.